What We Do
Toilet Twinning is a water and sanitation charity initiative.
Flush away the world’s toilet trouble with your very own twinned toilet:
How it works
Twin for £60
For just a £60 donation, you can twin your loo with an impoverished family’s household latrine, in a country of your choosing. For a £240 donation, you can twin with a school block or a block of toilets in a displacement camp.
Get a certificate
Your smallest room becomes the proud owner of a certificate, complete with a photo and GPS coordinates so you can look up your twin on Google Maps.
Toilet Twinning funds the work of international relief and development agency Tearfund. Your donation will be used to provide clean water, basic sanitation, and hygiene education.
Introduction to Toilet TwinningPlay
Why we do it?
- 2.4 billion people don’t have somewhere safe and hygienic to go to the toilet. (WHO/Unicef)
- The lack of a loo makes women and girls a target for sexual attack as they go to the toilet in the open, late at night.
- Almost 1,000 children die every day from preventable diseases linked to dirty water and unsafe toilets. (UN)
- 663 million people live without safe water. (Unicef)
- Children worldwide miss 443 million school days each year because of dirty water and poor sanitation. (UN)
- Every year, women and girls spend 97 billion hours finding a place to go. (World Bank)