What We Do
Toilet Twinning enables families living in poverty to have lifesaving loos.
Twin your toilet and help flush away the world’s toilet troubles
How it works
Twin for £60
For just a £60 donation, you can twin your loo with a family’s household latrine in a vulnerable community in a country of your choosing.
Get a certificate
Your smallest room becomes the proud owner of a certificate, complete with a photo and GPS coordinates so you can look up your twin’s location on Google Maps.
Toilet Twinning funds the work of international relief and development agency Tearfund. Your donation will be used to provide clean water, basic sanitation, and hygiene education.
Introduction to Toilet TwinningPlay
Why we do it?
- 1.7 billion people don’t have somewhere safe and hygienic to go to the toilet. (WHO/Unicef)
- The lack of a loo makes women and girls a target for sexual attack as they go to the toilet in the open, late at night.
- Every day, over 700 children under five die from diarrhoea linked to unsafe water, sanitation and poor hygiene.
- Today, 1 in 4 people around the world lack safe drinking water. (WHO/UNICEF 2021)
- Children worldwide miss 443 million school days each year because of dirty water and poor sanitation. (UN)
- Every year, women and girls spend 97 billion hours finding a place to go. (World Bank)