WANT TO CHANGE THE WORLD WHILE YOU’RE AT UNI OR COLLEGE?
We suggest starting with your toilets!
Do you have 25 toilets at your uni or college? Do you have one or two friends who’d like to do some fun things to flush away poverty?
Our Toilet Twinned University award or Toilet Twinned College award could be just the challenge you’re looking for.
WHAT’S THE DO-DO:
- Gather a core team of like-minded twinners. You could form a Toilet Twinning society, twin as part of a group that already exists, or just meet informally
- Contact the Students’ Union or RAG on campus to try to gain their support
- Drum up wider support on campus among staff and students
- Hold at least two fundraising events – with one of them being around World Toilet Day (19 November) if at all possible
- Get an article about your efforts into a university magazine/newspaper or a local paper
- Twin toilets in a range of venues across the university, for example: the Students’ Union, a halls of residence, faculty block. You could present a toilet twin to the university leadership such as a member of the University Council or Vice-Chancellor.
Minimum fundraising target: £1,500
WHAT WILL WE DO:
- Send you all the resources you need
- Provide graphics and images for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc, and sample posts for social media shout-outs
- Offer help with setting up a Virgin Money Giving fundraising page
- Provide support and advice to help you engage local / student media
- Be a support and encouragement along the way (but, sorry, we can’t post you cakes)
- Get a team together
- Contact your Students’ Union
- Apply for a Student Council award
- Contact student societies
- Choose somewhere central and visible to hold fundraisers
- Set yourself up on social media
- Engage university media
Get out there
- Hold a sponsored event: Warwick Uni twinners held a 12-hour Big Squat relay
- Organise a sale: cakes, clothes, crafts, cards etc
- Put on a gig
- Take on an endurance challenge like running, cycling, skipping, rowing
Current and completed Twinned University campaigns