Supporter Services Assistant
Why Toilet Twinning
This role enables you to be part of a small and growing charity initiative that is passionate about extending the reach of the water and sanitation programmes of international Christian NGO Tearfund. We do this so that impoverished families are empowered to change their circumstances, as they believe in themselves and the future, to ultimately take small, but hugely significant steps towards overcoming generational poverty.
This is the team for you if you love new ideas; strive for open, honest, and trusting working relationships; pursue excellence while accepting that it’s not always possible to get there; dare to fail; embrace learning and enjoy celebrating the successes of those around you.
- To be the main point of contact with supporters, ensuring they receive a positive interaction with Toilet Twinning and that they receive a response to any enquiry within 48 hours.
- To ensure all supporters receive the correct order within our agreed time frame of 10 working days.
- To ensure accurate records are maintained.
- To process postal orders.
- To process all data entry following attendance at events.
- To create ad-hoc certificates and correct supporter errors.
- To respond to all verbal and written enquiries, liaising with members of the fundraising team where appropriate, from potential and existing supporters on all aspects of Toilet.
- Help to ensure the quality of the information held on our database / spreadsheets / Googledocs.
- Answer all incoming calls within 3 rings.
Main duties & key responsibilities
Daily Order Creation
- Download daily reports for Frame and No Frame orders and inform Supporter Services Team Leader promptly of any issues.
- Print all required documents and check details against BOS, ensuring all batches are complete.
- Fulfil orders outside normal download process to include regular givers, high value donors, corporate partnership.
- Prepare and pack all orders for post.
- Record details in Royal Mail Online Business Account.
- Have all post ready for daily collections at 3:00pm.
- Ensure the Back Office System (BOS), call log, resources spreadsheet and other documents are accurate and up to date at all times.
- Check Banking Spreadsheet for BACs orders.
- Open postal orders and enter onto database.
- Record cheques/cash on banking spreadsheets.
- Action supporter corrections received before download for order complete.
- Make ad hoc changes and updates to orders as necessary.
- Send out resource requests.
- Record details in spreadsheet.
- Prepare Make a Stand boxes and manage dispatch and return of items included.
- Working with other members of the Supporter Services team, ensure all stock remains tidy & organised and that it is recorded properly on the Stock Management sheet when items are used.
- Ensure the Stock Management system is updated when items are ordered and arrive in the office.
- Prepare resource packs for events.
- Complete all post event data entry.
- Print and frame all event certificates for New Wine.
- Respond to enquiries via telephone, email or letter on all aspects of Toilet Twinning’s work.
- Respond appropriately to complaints by telephone, email or letter. Ensure supporters receive a positive view of Toilet Twinning while receiving excellent service.
- Use the standard response document as a template for all enquiries and inform the Supporter Services Team Leader if this document needs updating.
- Pass more complex enquiries or those requiring relationship management to the Head of Fundraising. Pass any business enquiries to the Specialist Relationship Manager.
- Continuously search for ways of improving processes, in order to ensure consistency of our response, while delivering excellent customer service in a busy and changing environment.
- Ensuring all supporter requests are recorded on the appropriate document/database.
- To undertake special projects at the request of the Leadership Team, such as researching the introduction of a new product, revising current resources etc.
- Ensure all work remains compliant with data protection, GDPR and PCI regulations.
- Lock away cash, cheques, pdq machine and personal data at the end of every day.
- Password protect all spreadsheets and reports containing supporter details.
- Ensure we remain PCI and GDPR compliant and that there are 2 members of staff present when entering credit card details.
- Prepare all other office post.
- Add supporters to the Supporter Map as required.
- Any other tasks related to fulfilment as requested by Management Team.
More information can be found here, with a copy of this page.