Digital Communications Lead
Why Toilet Twinning
This role enables you to join a charity initiative that is passionate about extending the reach of the global programmes of international Christian NGO Tearfund. We do this so that impoverished families are empowered to change their circumstances, and ultimately take small but hugely significant steps towards overcoming generational poverty.
This is the team for you if you love new ideas; strive for open, honest and trusting working relationships; pursue excellence while accepting that it’s not always possible to get there; dare to fail; embrace learning; try again; and enjoy celebrating the successes of those around you.
We want you to lead our digital fundraising and marketing to help recruit individual donors and maximise giving. You will manage our websites, our direct marketing emails and all our paid and organic social media content across the range of Twinning products (existing and yet to be dreamt up!). You will lead on digital donor engagement and innovate across existing platforms, while also keeping your eye on key trends across this space. You will also help with content creation for all fundraising and marketing campaigns.
- To create and deliver a vision for growth across all Toilet Twinning’s current digital platforms (websites, social media, direct marketing emails, youTube) and to innovate in new digital channels.
- To deliver day-to-day comms for the following platforms:
- Websites – Writing all content, and regularly updating the three websites: Toilet Twinning’s main website (toilettwinning.org), the Bin Twinning website (bintwinning.org) and the Appeals website (appeals.toilettwinning.org)
- Emails – Managing and creating all email marketing output (weekly) associated with Toilet Twinning, Bin Twinning and Appeals
- Social media – Leading, coordinating and delivering Toilet Twinning’s social media communications across all campaigns (Toilet Twinning, Bin Twinning and Appeals) in order to achieve key social and influencing objectives. You will also constantly be on the lookout for ways to innovate in this area and develop relationships with influencers, and expand Toilet Twinning’s reach into new audiences.
- Lead on day-to-day digital delivery:
- Create and own Toilet Twinning’s digital production process across all digital channels – the website, emails and social media.
- Ensure regular planning meetings, resource requirements, scheduling, risk management and budget controls are in place.
- Ensure appropriate processes are followed by any team members who are delivering parts of your projects.
- Ensure all documentation required for projects (pre and post development) is completed and agreed.
- Oversee the gathering of stories, photos and video content from overseas partners to ensure that storytelling is central to comms. Gathering overseas content is especially key for direct marketing email campaigns and organic social media feeds.
- Generate and write -up all digital content and prepare images for use across platforms.
- Lead on Digital Production – provide: mixed media production (ie video, photography, Photoshop), website CMS authoring, online advertising, digital project management.
2. Deliver effective digital innovations through project management:
- Own, manage and drive digital projects (eg digital events, sporty fundraisers, litter-picking drives, advocacy opportunities, PR stunts etc across all Twinning campaigns, working with in-house fundraisers and external suppliers to ensure projects are delivered to agreed objectives concerning time, budget and quality.
- Ensure that all projects meet user needs.
- Set measurable goals for all projects and report against these to demonstrate progress against stated benefits.
3. Maintain the website by using its content management system: page builds and fixes, content development and template creation. Ensure analytics/statistics on website pages are regularly reviewed to ensure page engagement is optimised.
4. Build marketing emails in Mailchimp to promote Toilet Twinning, Bin Twinning, Appeals and any new Twinning innovations that are developed in the future
5. Create and roll out a social media strategy: plan campaigns, deliver day-to-day content, deliver social media advertising across different platforms, create and roll out influencer and online community strategies, respond to all comments/enquiries.
6. Research and act on new digital trends as part of Toilet Twinning’s digital strategy.
7. Ensure Toilet Twinning is able to take data from its digital channels and translate it into meaningful actions.
Primary Working Relationships
Head of Fundraising
Please send your CV, along with a covering letter detailing how your experience, skills and personal qualities relate to the Job Description, to [email protected]
Toilet Twinning will not be able to accept any applications that are received after the closing date. We are a small charity initiative, and unable to give feedback if your application is unsuccessful on this occasion.
For more information, please download the full job description here.
The deadline for applications – 3rd January 2022