Hold a Blue for the Loo Day!
2.3 billion people in the world don’t have a toilet. Because of this, millions of children fall sick and miss a huge amount of schooling – and fail their exams.
Your school can do something extraordinary for children living in desperate poverty. Want to take on some fundraising and twin some toilets?
Rachel from Ivory Coast missed a lot of time in school because her family didn’t have a toilet. But after they built their loo and started washing their hands afterwards, everyone became much healthier. Rachel hardly ever misses class now, and her grades have improved dramatically. Check out her story:
Twinning your school loos couldn’t be easier…
- Hold a ‘Blue for the Loo’ Day and invite students to wear something blue in return for a donation
- Hold a Soggy Bottom bake sale (poo emoji cakes go down a storm!)
- Play Chicken Poo Bingo by inviting everyone to donate £1 to guess where Daisy the chicken will do her business!
- Organise some sponsored sportiness
Twinning toilets is a great way to have fun, expand your children’s horizons and explore key curriculum areas.
- We have loads of resources (right) to help your pupils engage.
- Get in touch to ask if we have a speaker in your area.
Dates for your diary
11 October: International Day of the Girl Child
15 October: Global Handwashing Day
19 November: World Toilet Day
22 March: World Water DayDownload your School Pack