Go the Distance
Walk, run or cycle: at your own pace, in your own time
Could you join with sporty fundraisers across the UK in taking on a month-long challenge to walk, run, swim or cycle 20 miles to help end disease and water poverty for families living without toilets and proper sanitation?
Why it matters to Go the Distance
Toilet poverty is a matter of life and death.
When Bishwo’s mum became seriously ill, Bishwo walked 20 miles, through the night, to carry her to hospital. Doctors told him that Purna would have died if they’d come two hours later. You can watch their story here.
Fundraising made easy!
You can choose to fundraise however you like but the easiest way to take on the Go The Distance challenge is with a Toilet Twinning Just Giving page:
- It’s simple to use
- You can fundraise on your own or as part of a group
- Your friends and family can sponsor you easily
- You can keep track of donations
- If anyone donates £60 or more, all you have to do is email us, and we’ll send out a certificate straight away!
Sign up today so we can send you inspiration and updates throughout your month-long challenge!
Ideas for your challenge
- Run two miles a day for 10 days
- Walk a mile a day with the dog for 20 days
- Get a team together with friends or family and encourage everyone to sign up to a 20-mile cycle
- Choose somewhere 20 miles away and cycle there AND back in one day!
- Walk 20 miles every weekend for the whole three months
‘I thought about how hard it must be to live without a toilet, and doing a fundraising walk was my way of helping.’ Gabriella.
‘We raised funds through a cycle ride to enable communities to be transformed.’ Matthew and Irina.