Go the Distance
Walk, run or cycle: at your own pace, in your own time – January 1-30
Could you join with sporty fundraisers across the UK in taking on a January month-long challenge to walk, run or cycle 20 miles to help end disease and despair for families living in some of the remotest places on earth?
Why it matters to Go the Distance
Toilet poverty is a matter of life and death.
When Bishwo’s mum became seriously ill, Bishwo walked 20 miles, through the night, to carry her to hospital. Doctors told him that Purna would have died if they’d come two hours later. You can watch their story here.
How to get started
Ideas for your challenge
- Run two miles a day for 10 days
- Walk a mile a day with the dog for 20 days
- Get a team together with friends or family and encourage everyone to sign up to a 20-mile cycle
- Choose somewhere 20 miles away and cycle there AND back in one day!
- Walk 20 miles every weekend for the whole three months
‘I thought about how hard it must be to live without a toilet, and doing a fundraising walk was my way of helping.’ Gabriella.
<img class=”size-medium wp-image-30393 aligncenter” src=”https://www.toilettwinning.org/app/uploads/2020/12/Gabriella-Walking-225×300.jpeg” alt=”” width=”225″ height=”300″ />
‘We raised funds through a cycle ride to enable communities to be transformed.’ Matthew and Irina.